Cylinder thermostat l641 help

Ian my bad not following instructions correctly! But am good and meter read as per your initial help!
If possible just to enlighten my knowledge on 3 port valve will appreciate your help!as mentioned earlier
I have st6400c programmer the switch on the valve stays mid position when hw or ch or both are demanded
Is this normal ? Should the switch motor to manual when only hw is demanded then return to mid position?
Thanking in advance

Sponsored Links
The valve should be in mid position when there is a demand for both CH and HW and both thermostats are calling for heat, , do you only have two wires in your Cyl stat, you should have three and you should have a wire in the HW off terminal on your programmer if you are using a mid position valve

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Thanks! I have 3 wires in cy stat! I need to learn how to check the wire in prog & report back!

the third wire in your Cyl stat is HW satisfied and should link to HW off in your programmer so you can have CH on its own without HW

• Thanks
Reactions: ih
Sponsored Links
Sucess! Managed to open the programmer and yes there is the third wire in slot one which is hw off i also
Understand about having ch without hw! Final kindly confirm the 3 port valve is behaving as it should do i.e.
Staying on mid position if i have understood correctly then i think that is what you mean thanking for all your
Help kind regards
Ih

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back