Cynical Whingers

D

dextrous

You know what bugs me? Let me tell ya - those people who go on record whinging and moaning about how ill prepared we are for "a bit of snow", and how in their neck of the woods or when they were young, drone, drone, drone.

Well, funnily enough, we're not prepared for a huge tsunami hititng ourshores, nor a major earthquake, nor a tropical heatwave, nor a volcanic eruption, nor a meteor strike, nor a whole host of other complete freak occurrences.

But most of all, we're not prepared for the likes of you! :mad:

Sponsored Links
we're not prepared for a huge tsunami hititng ourshores, nor a major earthquake, nor a tropical heatwave, nor a volcanic eruption, nor a meteor strike, nor a whole host of other complete freak occurrences.

But then we've never had them in our lifetime and certainly don't expect them each year so why should we be prepared for them?

Now when I was a lad snow would be up to your armpits but we still had to go out barefoot and climb up them chimneys on the posh houses, often when the fire were still lit and then...........

;)

You know what bugs me? Let me tell ya - those people who go on record whinging and moaning about how ill prepared we are for "a bit of snow", and how in their neck of the woods or when they were young, drone, drone, drone.

Well, funnily enough, we're not prepared for a huge tsunami hititng ourshores, nor a major earthquake, nor a tropical heatwave, nor a volcanic eruption, nor a meteor strike, nor a whole host of other complete freak occurrences.

But most of all, we're not prepared for the likes of you! :mad:
Stop moaning! :D

Eeee when I were a lad there were things t' moan about. Take rashinnin fer start - one potato fer 18 of us fer a month. Let me tell yer bout t' smog, now there...........

Sponsored Links
'ad t' use blunt toothpick, and t'wer a glacier.....

which weren't t'bad but family of 18 had used it that mornin' to all clean their teeth with and it were still soggy ended! Right bugger it were to find it when yer dropped it in horse muck.

" Blunt toothpick??? " "Would have been luxury to us.

We ad ter leave at four in't morning,,,, half an hour before we got up. We ad ter gawn out in't bitter antarctic winter wher snow were reeet snow! Not that namby pamby stuff they av nowdays.

All we ad were a thorn of't rose bush in't next door's back yard. Kids these days don't know their born. ahhhhhh

" Blunt toothpick??? " "Would have been luxury to us. We ad ter leave at four in't morning,,,, half an hour before we got up. We ad ter gawn out in't bitter antarctic winter wher snow were reeet snow! Not that namby pamby stuff they av nowdays. All we ad were a thorn of't rose bush in't next door's back yard. Kids these days don't know their born. ahhhhhh
when i were lad, kids werent even born afore they were sent t' pits 't dig fer coal using their umbilical stubs......

Snow? Glaciers? Shall I pass thee shandy, lad?

Solid basalt, we 'ad. Lived in shadow of active volcano we did. Aye, it were warmer than what tha might have been accustomed to, but every morning we had to dig our way out through the semi-solid magma that had engulfed house night before.

I would awoke at 2 am, 4 hours before I went to bed, by flogging from fatha, then motha would open front door and I would have to dig through 20 feet of red-hot igneous rock WITH ME EYEBALLS, and then do 'ard day's graft at unisex hair salon.

Eeh it were tough, but it were honest.

Motha would call it front door out of a sense of pride and grandeur, but really it were meat grinder wi' rusty blades. She would feed me in, feet first, whilst fatha would stab me repeatedly wi' burning hot pokers.

Made me the man I am today.

in t,outside toilit aar **** war frozen before cumin aat t,ars@. :eek:

gudol days thas wat thi waar:cool:

Sponsored Links
Back