D.G. unit...which way round?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon everyone,
About 2 years ago I replaced all but 1 of the windows at home, on every one of the D.G. units, including the patterened glass ones(autumn leaf), the sticker on each unit said...interior face glass, so thats how I fitted them, and the patterened ones the same, meaning the autumn leaf was on the inside of house/clear glass on outside, no problem.
Now I have decided to replace the last one(bathroom) in autumn leaf and the sticker on the units says...glaze to outside, meaning the autumn leaf on outside.
Which is correct, or does it really matter? maybe it is only assembling the units when made.
Many thanks in advance for any replies/advice.

Sponsored Links
My opaque glass is to the outside, just a guess but it may be due to the K glass specs which has made the change.

Its because of the K glass. It is the industry standard to fit patterned units with the pattern inside and the smooth outside. K glass is only manufactured on smooth glass ie the clear piece and not patterned so with the advent of regs stating K must be used then unfortunately it means the clear side has to face the room now, although i do know of installations that have been signed off by the LABC with the K side on the outside, reasoning was it was still there and would not make a great deal of difference if any.

Sponsored Links
Agree, I think they ballsed up really, if you were to have a house full of windows with lead design the lead would go on the clear side which should be inside, this would not work so they decided to say it really does not matter which way these are glazed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back