DAB A55/130

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,
Have been reading problems with the dab a55/130 central heating pump, after not being used during the summer months?.
I have the same problem nearly every winter, I simply remove the bleeb screw from the pump body insert a screw driver into the pump rotate the impeller a few times and bingo i'm okay for the rest of thje winter. only this time the bleed screw is ceased
up? I cant unscrew it from the pump body? also not sure which way to turn the screw is it clockwise or anticlockwise, would appreciate someone to tell me from the forum,

Sponsored Links
turn what screw Declan?

the first screw is the impeller cover/bleed screw

the bit you are spinning is the end of the motor shaft attached to the impeller

periods of inactivity can let impeller settle on wear ring face and because
motor has a low impeddance it wont spin shaft

replace with grundfoss equivelant or keep spinning every 3 months

Sponsored Links
Hi every one, and thank you for your replies and advice, which shall be duely noted and carried out.

If only everyone ran their heating for just five minutes every week then pumps would not seize up !

We would have less calls every September/October then!

Tony

yea thats a good idea then we can all sit at home watching tele waiting for the baliffs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back