DAC help

Sponsored Links
These little boxes are available under dozens of different brands for around the same price. I wouldn't be the least surprised if they were all sourced from the same factory. They're much of a muchness; okay for the job and for what they cost. You'll need to set your PS4 to output in 2ch Stereo (Linear PCM). The box works with signals at 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz. It doesn't understand 192kHz, so if you have anything where that's a selectable option then don't select it. While on the subject of settings to avoid, I'm sure you'll have worked out not to choose Bitstream as an audio output.

If your surround system has only analogue inputs then it must either apply some surround decoding algorithm or play the sound through just the front two speakers and sub. A lot of PC speaker kits don't have surround decoding as standard. It's just something to be aware of if you've got a PC speaker kit and never yet hooked up a stereo source.

These little boxes are available under dozens of different brands for around the same price. I wouldn't be the least surprised if they were all sourced from the same factory. They're much of a muchness; okay for the job and for what they cost. You'll need to set your PS4 to output in 2ch Stereo (Linear PCM). The box works with signals at 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz. It doesn't understand 192kHz, so if you have anything where that's a selectable option then don't select it. While on the subject of settings to avoid, I'm sure you'll have worked out not to choose Bitstream as an audio output.

If your surround system has only analogue inputs then it must either apply some surround decoding algorithm or play the sound through just the front two speakers and sub. A lot of PC speaker kits don't have surround decoding as standard. It's just something to be aware of if you've got a PC speaker kit and never yet hooked up a stereo source.

Thanks for your kindly reply. Bought it, I use this to connect my coaxial connection on my AMP, The sound is pretty clear and without any delay,furthermore it is usb powered, no need wall charger, very easy to install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back