Optical MP3 to 3.5mm Stereo Speaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a DAB radio/MP3 player with an optical output, but have never been able to use this as I do not have a mini-disc or other product which is compatible.
Is there any way in which I can utilise the optical feature as I would like to connect it to my portable digital stereo speaker which only has a standard 3.5mm jack input.
I know there are DACs which convert optical to coaxial, but have not seen anything for a 3.5mm jack input.
Help!

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Willowbean

Sponsored Links
It's funny you should link me to the D10 because I had been looking at that. Can I use it as a link between my DABS radio/MP3 player and the stereo as well as with headphones?

I'm just surprised that in this day and age there is not an adaptor that you can slip on the end of the cable rather than having a big (relatively) box inbetween!

Nice to know someone else understands and doesn't just wave their hands and say "use a jack to jack cable".

Thanks again - great minds ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back