Connect old school speakers to Alexa

Bit late to the thread. I stream internet radio from alexa to aux in and also to bluetooth speaker. It works just fine. The only thing is even to my old ears the sound quality is only so-so. Perfectly listenable, but not as good as it could be - I don't think the audio chips to the analogue output are that great.. For example, alexa into aux in on my Denon is listenable, but the denon connected direct to internet radio through the ethernet from the router is noticeably better. Likewise with spotify as the source. For a workplace, though, perfectly good.

Sponsored Links
I have these in my office, connected direct to an internet radio which do a great job but then I listen to quiet house music in there where quality is not so important as it's really a background to whatever I'm doing, kicks out tons of bass though (which I like) in my small office and they have a desktop volume control. Typically the'yre about £20-25 S/H off Marketplace.

You may well get a load of background noise (mostly mains hum) if you use the 3.5mm jack from Alexa box to aux in (or i did anyway). Bluetooth from Alexa is a clean signal, audio quality is ok to good as well, absolutely fine for background.

You may well get a load of background noise (mostly mains hum) if you use the 3.5mm jack from Alexa box to aux in
must be your set-up - I've never had this

Sponsored Links
must be your set-up - I've never had this

When I was at uni, one of the places I lived in had electric underfloor heating. If the speaker cables were too close to the floor, the UFH would generate a hum in the music.

I wonder if @oldbutnotdead is picking up EM fields from another source.

Possibly the cheap cable i was using....or the cheap amplifier. Next time i have any of the mixers out i'll try it into one of them :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back