Dado/raised mouldings - available in the UK ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seems you can easily get these in the USA etc but over here in the Uk we are finding it difficult to find them.

this is what I’m talking about. We want them to go around a “panel” on the wall of mosaic tiles containing the shower controls and jets etc

https://www.tiles-direct.com/border...eige-dado-border-3-7cm-x-31cm-wall-tile-p4612

is there some magic place in the Uk that sells these??? Just been in to Topps and they don’t have anything.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm sorry, I'm probably being very silly, but I'm slightly confused!
The company you have linked to is a UK company, can't you but from them? :)

Not being silly. I didn’t explain very well.

The link is so I could explain the type of item I wanted. I don’t know what they are called as they seem to have lots of names: dado, raised moulding, edging etc

so I’d like to see different types of the item at the link I sent. Colours, profiles, material etc

I guess in the Uk they aren’t used as much ? Or maybe I just can’t find them to buy in the UK. Plenty in the USA

I understand! :)
I know those simply as 'border tiles', or 'ceramic border tiles'.
They may not be as widely used, as 'tile trims' are so ubiquitous here.

Sponsored Links
Your right they are hard to find over here, the Americans don't like change much and love a dado rail still, in the UK not so much anymore,

Tops tiles etc do items similar but not really same as what your looking for.

Round my way there is a couple of tile importers (can't remember their names but know where they are) and they import whatever you want, takes a little while to turn up though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back