Daikin Altherma air/heat pump question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in total ignorance.
The new property has a Daikin Altherma air/heat exchange pump for hot water and CH.
I know the temps tomorrow are due to soar but eventually it will get cold and …..
Our last house had traditional gas CH, wall thermostat and simple.
The programmer for the new system looks like a degree in engineering just to program it but I will have a go at the weekend and read the manual very carefully.
What puzzles me is that this property does not have a room thermostat anywhere, I have looked !. Each rad has a thermo valve so am I correct in assuming that the programmer will just send the hot water around the house as per normal CH and each room will respond individually according to the valve setting ? In other words the CH is always pumping but rads may be closed/cooling according to the valve setting ?
Other thing to do is turn the domestic hot water setting down a few degrees as it is where previous owners had it and it is HOT !!!
If anyone has experience of this type of system and can offer advice/hints/do/donots then much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back