Daily rate or fixed quote on loft conversion?

Any unforseens such as problems with the existing brickwork probably wouldn't be covered in a fixed price job anyway, I've found there's always 'extras' with situations like that anyway.

Sponsored Links
why April and not in a few weeks time. I wouldn't guarantee a rate or a fixed price that far in advance

why April and not in a few weeks time. I wouldn't guarantee a rate or a fixed price that far in advance

TBH i've had to remortgage for this. I'm mortgage free so had no issues with a £40k re-mortgage. Had the offer late last week so all the legal rubbish has to be processed. We've been pretty flexible as to when we go ahead but whilst the mortgage application was going through, the builders moved onto another job. It could be another 4 weeks until legal stuff for mortgage completes anyway so we could be heading into mid-October so maybe not good to start taking the roof off that time of year.

Sorry, just to say, for past few years, April has been the best month of the year in my part of the world so hoping for the same. Sod's law it'll be different this year!

Sponsored Links
yep that's the problem you never can tell, what the weather is going to do. We normally leave most of the roof on whilst constructing the dormer and then cut the roof out after. Any decent builder should be able to keep the water out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back