Daily rate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am undertaking a renovation project and will need several rooms and floors tiled. I am hoping to find a good tiler who will work to a daily rate (probably about a weeks work).

I have most other trades covered on daily rates.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Down here, a good tiler is £28 per hour, or £35 per meter square of floor or wall (Excluding especially complex tiling, and splashbacks which are hourly rate only)

Thanks.

The reason I asked was that I had a room tiled on a quote of £300 to tile, as he said it would take about a day and a half.

However, the tiler was in and out in 4 hours, and popped back in the evening for an hour to grout. I think he over quoted in time just to justify the £ quote!

As it did not take anywhere as near as long as he 'quoted' I assumed he would reduce his final price..... Obviously I am still waiting!

Tell us the square meters, then we can advise more.

Did the price include adhesive and grout?

Sponsored Links
not sure day rate is ever a good way to go, unless its backed with how many days - exactly the issue you describe.

per m2 is more normal, and usually fair to both parties

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back