Damaged cistern lid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long shot but does anyone recognise this suite, the cistern lid has been damaged looking for replacement though it might have been TIFFANY 6L DUAL FLUSH CISTERN but they are 390mm wide, this damaged one is only about 300mm X 150mm.The underside of the lid has three letters on it ' UAE'.
View media item 39578

Sponsored Links
Of no help :oops: but would UAE refer to the gulf state in which it was manufactured?

I did think that but not heard of the UAE as a porcelain manufacturing centre.

I did think that but not heard of the UAE as a porcelain manufacturing centre.
Nor me, but a google search suggests that they do a bit. Anyway, sorry I can't help and good luck with the quest ;)

Sponsored Links
Can you take a photo of whole toilet?

Is it new? Can't you take it back to where you bought toilet from?

Maybe have a look at basin, bath or shower tray? Might be a clue. :idea:

Dan.

Can you take a photo of whole toilet?

Is it new? Can't you take it back to where you bought toilet from?

Maybe have a look at basin, bath or shower tray? Might be a clue. :idea:

Dan.
Not my loo, a friends, she took pic, I seem to remember it's a very square design and narrow [most cisterns are wider than it's 300mm or so] the tiles behind are 150 X 100 so show how narrow it is.
Its part of a shower suite but the sink does not seem a good match and no shower tray [walk in shower tiled floor]].
Thanks Charnwood but nothing in the catalog is this narrow.

Even if you source it, I'd be amazed if the shade of white on the new one matched exactly with the existing one. So, my question is.... are there any companies that repair this sort of damage?

She'll be lucky if she can get a lid on its own anyway. Most manufacturers will only sell a complete cistern i.e. cistern shell and lid together.

One reason for this is that when they are made they are still soft when the two parts are married up to be fired. Any deformities that arise on the cistern shell will be copied by the lid. In theory. No rattling lid. Again, in theory!

At least that used to be the case with UK manufacturers when I was a lad.

charnwood a nice bit of info,, on them wcs,,,makes a change from them on this forum that waffal on with ten sentences when they only need one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back