Damaged plasterboard when removing skirting boafd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was removing some skirting board to replace it but when I was pulling the skirting off it looks like the the skirting was glued to the plasterboard so when I ripped it off it took some of the plaster board with it.

Is there anything I can do to make it good?

IMG_9132.jpeg

IMG_9133.jpeg

Sponsored Links
You could use Bonding plaster or similar and top it up with filler and the finish will not be too critical as the new skirting will cover it, assuming you are not choosing a smaller skirting.

You could use Bonding plaster or similar and top it up with filler and the finish will not be too critical as the new skirting will cover it, assuming you are not choosing a smaller skirting.
I was considering that or just cutting out the damaged drywall and replacing it. When you mention the finish, I would've thought filling it would make it good again with the plaster above it (assuming I sand it down). Would that not be the case?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back