Damp after mold removal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had to remove a lot of mold from the inside of an old shed/garage and used a bleach/water mixture. The mold was on one wall that had been limewashed and I pump sprayed it about 3 times over a couple of weeks.

After I'd succesfully got rid of the mold I then re-painted the whole shed with a lime wash mix and although 3 of the walls are ok, the one that had the mold on seems to be refusing to dry, in fact it almost seems to be sweating.

Could this be something to do with the bleach mix reacting with the original limewash please?

Sponsored Links
I don't know if this is relevant in your case, but I once washed some mould on a gloss painted surface with a bleach solution, and I found it destabilised the existing paint so that the new coat of paint started coming away soon after I painted it.

the mould will have occurred because of damp. You have not cured the damp so the cause is still there. It might be rainwater soaking in through the top of the wall, I don't know, you haven't told us enough to guess.

Sponsored Links
The bleach and lime wouldnt have reacted both are alkaline.

You need to address the source of the damp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back