Damp behind tiles in bathroom...Dehumidifier time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
Many thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

My little dilemma is that I believe I have damp in the bathroom walls behind the tiles. I thought I had dried out the walls sufficiently before tiling the bathroom.
I have concluded that using a dehumidifier would get the damp out and then I could treat the mould that has appeared in the grout. This has shown very badly in the bottom 18 inches of the shower tray in the shower end of that bathroom.The bathroom is a single story air cavity extension. Nine foot by five foot.
My questions are

a. What size dehumidifier would you recommend to get the damp out of the walls? As powerful as possible? 10 litre or much bigger?

b. What type of grout would you recommend to re grout affected parts of the shower? I have used bal on the floor tiles which seems better than the wall grout.

Many thanks

Ede

Sponsored Links
Waste of money running a dehumidifier in a bathroom, you need adequate ventilation, both passive and mechanical,it prevents mold spores settling and keeps bathroom healthy.Wipe grout down with bleach to whiten and kill mold.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back