damp coming from under slate heath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok here is the issue

we had a wood burning stove fitted a while back and the guy installing removed the old concrete heath and replaced with a slate heath.

after having the stove fitted the entire room was plastered.

around the fire place opening the plaster just did not dry out. so we assumed there was a little damp. we used some damp injection cream and after a while the damp seems to have gone away.

today we noticed the slate was loose and so removed them and found the motor base to be quite damp.

now we are thinking that when the guy removed the old concrete heath he may have damaged the concrete slab and may have damaged the DPM.

we have noticed a few small crack on the concrete slab and so want to fill these with some form of sealant/ liquid DPM/ epoxy paint

have done a google search but this has thrown up all kinds of product and reluctant to get anyone in as they will just say you need to rip it all out and start again.

so the question is what can i buy to seal this crack? or should i get someone in? if i get someone in then what kind of cost would you think it would be.

chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back