damp coming through the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on an interior wall that does not have any pipes around it, i have noticed a patch of damp appear in the middle of the wall about 1 metre up from the floor.

the stairwell in the house runs in the middle of the house and this is the wall that the damp has appeared on in the kitchen.

its quite bizarre how it has just appeared without being near any waterpipes etc and there is no evidence of water tracking

is there any way to treat this small patch of damp with a brush on type chemical or remove this small patch of plaster back to the brick work and treat it with damp course? which is best. i dont want to create too much work for myself as im scared that il open up a whole can of worms!!!

help

Sponsored Links
istockphoto_298677_can_o_worms.jpg

Sponsored Links
has the house had a injected damp proof course and the old plaster chop off and redone to a meter high ?
if so the damp could be rising up above this new meter high plaster,
if you could post a picture or two of the area that would help people to give you a more inform answer.

asking questions about damp or possibly rising damp on here is definitely opening a can of worms. :LOL:

many thanks

apparently the wall did have a damp course done about 4 years ago-no guarentee given -Cowboy job.

it is ruffly about 1 metre high up the wall-DAM your possibly right it could be rising above this level. this is pooh pie

i will try to obtain pictures

has the house had a injected damp proof course and the old plaster chop off and redone to a meter high ?
if so the damp could be rising up above this new meter high plaster,
if you could post a picture or two of the area that would help people to give you a more inform answer.

asking questions about damp or possibly rising damp on here is definitely opening a can of worms. :LOL:

Yeeeeeeeeees misses Jones :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back