Damp concrete floor

Sponsored Links
Trust me I've done a few of these you will regret taking the cheaper route in the long run. Can you accommdate the required airbricks if you go the hangers and joists route. Think long term, it's you who has to live with the floor afterwards.

Hi Kybert
I have a similar situation in my concrete floor.
Just a note - as from August 2006 you will need Building Control Application. no planning perm. think it has to do with the thermal insulation in any new floor.

Granny

Hi,

Had someone round to look at the floor, only 3.5sqm is effected (the rest of the floor was replaced some time in the past by the looks of it)
so i will be hitting off the 1 inch screed, sealing and re-screeding the floor rather than ripping it up.

Sponsored Links
Took the floor up last night. The floor is actually a 5" concrete base, and a 2inch screed.

Can ronafix be used to make up a 2in DPM screed or is that too big and i need to make up 1" with concrete, then a 1" DPM screed on top?

I read the back of the ronafix container, and there is several different mixes. Which do i use? What do you suggest? I cant get hold of monoprufe, no one has it in stock and i cannot leave the floor up until they can get it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back