Floor Screeding into External Doorway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am wanting to lay 70mm Celotex insulation onto a concrete floor which already has a dpm underneath it, with a 25mm perimeter insulation upstand, then another 1200 gauge dpm before a 65mm screed to bring my concrete floor base up to finished floor level.

I am not clear how to deal with the inner skin of brick which currently stands proud of the concrete floor by this 135mm (Screed & Celotex) as I want the screed to run upto the outer skin of the doorway.

Should I remove the 135mm layer of an inner skin brick which will bring the surface back to concrete base level and lower the dpc on that brick to the concrete floor level which will then allow me to screed into the doorway upto the outer skin and bridge the cavity with slate or similar to support the screed and make sure the additional dpm comes up to the dpc of the outer skin?

Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back