Damp Cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently bought a house which had various evidence of damp, mainly just black mould and condensation which have since subsided.

However I recently pulled up some of the carpet on the stairs and the wooden steps are clearly damp and the stone flooring which is under a layer of vynil tile, underlay and carpet is all cracked and has white mould coming out of it.

Does anyone have any idea of how to cure this?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Ventilate :!: and chuck out all the floor/stair coverings . I had just the same in my present house - of course it was reflected in the price I paid for it ;) .Including improving the underfloor and also roof void ventilation . I learned that mouldy chipboard is the worst smell ever - you never stop learning in the building game .

Thanks Nige that's great and a bit of a relief,

We've since found out that the previous owners had a burst water pipe in the kitchen which flooded the whole of the ground floor.

the damps not as bad as we though and doesn't reach the stairs but the floor is in a bad state. We have noticed the stone floor in the under stairs cupboard has been effected by damp and has come away a little.

Its primarily the cracks and white mould that worries me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back