Damp from blocked cavity?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

I have moved in to an old bungalow that had some work done on it many years ago. The problem i have is that is looks like when the work was do the cavity has not been kept clear. This has resulted in what looks like damp blowing the plaster off the wall up to about 2 feet above damp course.

i can see in to the cavity and had my hand in there and had a good feel and feels blocked.

is this a symptom of what i described and if so how would i go about clearing it out?

regards

Daz

Sponsored Links
If the builder was that careless then it's likely you have many problems, for example penetrating damp from mortar-coated wall ties, or poor join between DPM and DPC, or others.

What is the construction of your walls and floors, and are the external walls rendered?

thanks for the reply.

sorry for delay getting back, had to work away for weekend.

i will take some phots and hope that will lead to a better understanding of what is there.

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back