Damp internal breeze blocks 1973 cavity on solid slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have Damp powdering to dust internal breeze blocks in a 1973 ex council cavity wall build, it has a solid floor that had been bitumen adsevive vinyl tiles, and part panneled/brick exterior. The internal walls have blown low down in 8 spots at least, they are mostly away from external walls , on the internal party wall and totaly internal single skin breeze wall which is metres from the outside. The walls dont feel damp but when you dig in 2 inches its soft and damp, i found one patch of a few inches of floor that looks constantly damp but the rest seems dry. I thought it may all be due to condesenation as the previous owner added cavity plus loft insulation 10 years ago, but would that show up all over?

Can breeze block(hollow with three oval cavitys ) be drill injected with a damp sealent like brick, or would just raking out and re pointing with lime mortar and lime plaster with breathable paint, allow it to breath out?

Attachments

• 20181009_101950.jpg
    20181009_101950.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 20181009_102004.jpg
    20181009_102004.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 126
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back