Damp in house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a raft built house, 1950s brick construction on clay soil, floorboards and about 12" void between the floorboards and concrete raft.

The damp course is 2 courses above ground level at least all the way round, airbricks are fitted all the way round too.

I have problems with condensation on the windows quite a bit, and mould forming on some things at one side of the house, this side has a concrete path and the two courses of brick appear wet below the damp course.

I have got forced extraction running within the house too.

I am planning to replave the aribricks with new ones that have better airflow and add more to improve circulation.

I havent had chance to look under the floor at that side of the house, but in some areas, the concrete does appear slightly damp, not wet, just a bit damp.

Is this design of house meant to allow the raft to be damp or should it be completely dry, and is there anything else i should consider doing?

Sponsored Links
A raft would normally be damp.

If the floor void is ventilated, then that would not influence or cause internal condensation

thats not so bad then, ill just improve the ventilation for now then

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back