Damp on both sides of internal party wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in an old (1860s) terraced house and it has had a damp proof course installed at some point. I've just discovered damp patches on the internal party wall (solid 9" thick) and wanting to eliminate all other more easily repaired eventualities (leaking pipes etc)... I have spoken with neighbour and he has damp on his side (but patches in different spots to mine). Apparently he has had the damp proofing injections done four times and the damp keeps coming back. So, could anyone suggest causes other than bridged dpc. It could be that I'm in denial, but really hope there are other possible explanations. I have a builder coming next week to look at my side. I can't afford a new dpc, so hope someone can advise. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
OP,
why not read the Related Threads below - and post in the search box "damp on both sides of a wall". you will get lots of replies but quickly sort them out and read the interesting ones.
then come back here with more info and understanding about your situation, and ask more questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back