Damp on ceiling in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a damp patch in my bathroom on my ceiling in the corner. It is the corner of the house and I had the gutters replaced about 6 months ago and the ridge tiles re-bedding to try and sort the problem out.

It has been like this for about 3 years and I cleaned it off with mold spray and painted with mold/damp paint but it comes back every 6 months. I did have virtually no mortar on my ridge tiles so might have been letting water in. But since I have fixed this its happened again, any ideas please

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There seems to be a distinctive shape to indicate that there is a cold spot above - missing insulation?

Sponsored Links
do you think I need to get in the loft and have a look where the spot is? I wasnt sure if water had come in the corner where the ridge tiles were lose but thought it would have dried up by now

thanks guys

The pattern does not seem like that from a roof leak. Go in the loft and look

the house was built in the 1950s and there has never been a chimney there, im going to get up in the loft this week and fight past all the junk lol

Does the bathroom have an extractor fan?

Does it have an 'over run timer' to last 20mins after the light has been turned off?

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back