damp on outside walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone offer advice on problem with outside wall? The livingroom and two bedrooms share the outside wall, we are in a two-bed semi so the inside wall is not a problem, the house is a traditionally brick built of approximately 30 years old. I find that if the wall in question has wardrobes or other furniture against it then it is damp and turns black and mouldy.... so this is worrying. I am on disability and have heard that I could receive a grant for cavity wall insulation, but will this make the damp worse? Should I just line the walls with some type of moisture barrier or what could I do? I would really appreciate any help with this problem, many thanks for reading , Marilyn.

Sponsored Links
Move furniture and ventilate area, no product can stop mold if the ventilation is not adequate.Heating will not help as it just allows the air to carry even more moisture and increase the condensation and mold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back