damp or cendensation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in my living room i get mold in all 4 corners of the out side wall and round the window, i live in a ground floor flat. i also get this in my bedroom, in the living room it is a small extension added onto the original building giving me a small dining area. we also get mold growing on the back of furniture behind a small wall separating the extension from original room. also have mold behind bed in bedroom but this is on an internal wall. if this is just a condensation problem thats fine but how can we stop this from occurring as we both work during the day so can't leave any windows open. we have an internal bathroom but it has an extractor and we do have to dry clothes in the flat but put them on a clothes horse and put a de humidifier in front of it.
it has got so bad in the bedroom that the window ledge has swollen in a bubble in the middle and has cracked the plaster underneath it which is going to need repairing.

any help and advice would be much appreciated as this is making my lovely flat a real mess cheers jon king

Sponsored Links
Condensation.

mould forming behind furniture and inside wardrobes is very typical.

Buy a vented tumble-drier instead of the dehumidifier. It is obviously not working.

Or check the bathroom extractor actually works, and dry your washing in there with the fan running.

Or better still buy a washing line.

//www.diynot.com/wiki/building:condensation_in_houses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back