Damp Patch to cover 2ft square???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

How can i cover a damp patch that is 2ft square, can i use foil backed plasterboard with dot and dab with a damp aditive.

This is next to a chimney breast.

Strange thing is there is no bricks under the damp patch for the damp to rise and there is also a joist underneath this that is bone dry??

We have had a chemical injection sometime back
The chimney breast is capped of and vents installed.

We just want some way to hide this as we cannot continue with plastering and decorating.

Any ideas for a quick fix as we have been living upstairs for 3 months now while works have been going on.

Thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
you need more than d&d addy for foilback you would also need mechanical fixings to hold it, but you wouldent want to d&d onto damp backgrounds anyway it wouldent last 2 seconds, it sounds like it could be condensation to me, "just a thought" .

It's defo condensation due to the capped stack.

sorry, when i say capped it is a vented cap so could it still be condensation??

thanks for your replys

simon

Sponsored Links
Yes. Most of those vented caps are worse than useless.

Sorry for sounding thick!! but how do you mean top and bottom

do i need 2 vents on the ground floor chimney breast??

Vent the stack downstairs, if it's an external wall you can do it from outside or in and vent it upstairs, The vented pots are no good.

You need some air flowing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back