damp problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a damp problem on a ground floor internal wall 18" up from the floor.
It is a square foot in area, I hacked off the plaster and replaced with cement and emulsioned when it had fully dried..two months later it is back, flaky emulsion and cement.

It is located beneath a window , no external signs of water entering externally, I have been under the floor no signs of damp.

Where the square foot of damp is, there is a line of damp that follows the top of the skirting board for a couple of feet then stops.
I had cavity wall insulation a couple of years ago.
dpc was done 15 years ago,I am thinking.. has this failed? if it has, what can I do to rectify the problem? any suggestions appreciated.. thanks

Sponsored Links
When it's beneath a window it's a pretty good bet that it's letting water down the cavity somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back