damp problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In one of my bedrooms the wall is constantly wet just in the corner where two walls meet, although I keep drying it out with a dehumidifier it is getting worse. I have dried damp paint before but did not work. A colleague of mine said she had the same problem and bought some clear liquid that was painted on the wall and this worked, but she cannot remember what it was called. Does anyone know the product he was refering to?

Sponsored Links
You can try that, but it sounds like a temporary solution to mask the problems. Sounds like you have a damp problem - rising damp, leaking gutter, broken render outside etc etc. I'd resolve the cause not the symptom of the damp

The product could have been Ratcliffes Glutenglass which is designed for damp walls and allows you paint the wall after it is applied. Best bet is to sort out the cause of the damp though rather than just doing cosmetic work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back