Damp Proof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Recently bought a house and the survey says in the section on damp that the building 'is at risk from being bridged by high external ground levels. Where there is bridging, external ground levels will need to be lowered'.

Sorry to sound stupid but what is 'bridging'. I have looked at the ground outside and the cement yard is only one brick lower than the DPC. For some reason there are about 3 levels of cement so I guess the top layer could be removed.

I was going to take the cement up and then it occured to me that it may be better to have the damp proofing actually highered and then there would be more protection to the house also. I have no idea how much new DPC would cost at all.

We've just had a baby so money is tight, so ideally looking at the cheaper option!

Any help/ideas of prices much appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
bridiging is as it says on the tin, it bridges (from one side to another) or in your case from one level to another

since you said money is tight, why dont you diy and lower everything that is too close / too high

an example would be a big pile of soil left piled aginst your house, it bridges the dpc, remove it no more bridging

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back