damp proofing concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have had a garage built, and my concrete floor has got damp proof membrane underneath it and metal mesh, but my floor is damp most of the time. My builder did not do any finishing on the floor. Am i right in saying that i need to put surface damp proof membrane on and then put self leveling compound down on the surface will that solve the dampness? Also if the damp proof membrane underneath the floor had holes in it because of poor workmanship, will putting surface dpm solve it. I hate my builder just another cowboy lol :cry:

Sponsored Links
Have the walls had DPC installed?
There is a simple test to see if your garage floor has damp issues.
Clean a small area of garage floor from dirt, grease etc..
Place a plastic sheet over an area of about 150mm sq, tape it up to the floor using a sealing tape and see if any damp comes to that area in the next 24hrs.

Hi my walls do have dpc in them and my floor is definitely damp as things that are on the floor get slightly wet after a while being there such as suitcases or pieces of wood etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back