Damp proofing concrete in shed advice please

Day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2x4m brick shed build on a concrete slab which gets very wet during rainy weather. During dry weather there is no visible dampness at all. The concrete was poured into a dug up ditch lined with some plastic membrane. There is also a membrane between the first and second layer of bricks. I think the problem is that the concrete is at the same level as the soil and the membrane does not stick above the soil. This allows surface water to run onto and rain to fall directly onto the lip of concrete that sticks out further than the shed wall. I think the water comes in mainly between the concrete slab and the first layer of bricks. 3 sides of the shed are no accessible as it's build close the the fences so i cannot waterproof anything from the outside.
I was thinking of painting/covering the floor and up to the second layer of bricks with some kind waterproofing substance. Once when a floor inside my house was being damp proofed they used some kind of epoxy or acrylic substance which set like glass and was a few millimeters thick. This is the stuff I would like to use as it looks very durable. The shed is used as a workshop and it needs to withstand quite a bit wear. Will this epoxy/acrylic be appropriate for what I want to use it for? Can anyone give me some names/brands of this stuff?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back