Damp rot advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Ripping out a place i noticed some patches on an external gable internally with render in poor condition. It has cracks and blown render. It needs a compete rerender. Clearly this is the cause of the problem.
Is this dry rot? wet rot? something else? There is also a general covering of what looks like yellow mould over parts of the wall.
Do i rerender the outside wall first, to seal the water ingress or can i remove all the affected matertial before i rerender. How do i get rid of the mould? The mould seems confined to the wall although their are other damp areas due to neglect. Is the wall likely to be structurally sound, it looks straight apart from the cracked render. It is a 20 inch random stone and lime wall im guessing as it was built around 1900. There are patches of brickwork additionally in the construction (see pic). The internal wall was covered in batten/hardboard which has clearly allowed the problem to develop. Can i plaster directly on after i have recified the external render?
Tips on how to proceed appreciated.
Cheers,

Sponsored Links
I ask because in earlier posts you appear to be working on different properties from different dates of build?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back