Damp under fridge freezer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, just lifted up laminate flooring ready to replace tomorrow. Under my fridge I've had a wooden laminate flooring, green Fibre board underlay pads on top of a concrete floor.... My floor seems good and dry, no patches on the green pads. Until I've got to fridge freezer. The pads smell very damp and have moisture staining on them. But not soaking wet. They do look like they've dried up.. The laminate flooring is okay and not damp.

Is if possible that the heat from the fridge has penetrated the cold concrete and caused condensation? Or would it be more likely the dpc has gone in the floor under an isolated area?

Thanks for any help or advice. Cheers.

Sponsored Links
PalletRefurb, good evening.

First area to check is have a look at the Fridge / freezer?

During a defrost cycle either induced by you or automatic the fridge interior heats up, any frost melts, the liquid water runs down to a catchment Chanel, which in turn drips into a circular catchment fixed directly on to a domed topped device that is a part of the Fridges operating system, this domed area gets warm, and the circular catchment which has water in it allows the water to evaporate.

However [there is generally a However] If any tiny particulates of food over time get into the circular catchment this will restrict the area of water and a build up of small bits of detritus over time will choke of the available area of water being held and any overflow will drip on to the Laminate, then damage the underlays Etc.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back