Damp underfloor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I took up my floor to run some av and network cable and notices some damp patches on the subfloor where it joins the wall.

The subfloor is damp, not wet, and the patches change size, but overall area does not seem to grow.

This is below the damp course and water does not seem to be rising.

Should I be worried about this?

See attached pics.

Cheers

G
View media item 32059 View media item 32060 View media item 32061 View media item 32062 [/img]

Sponsored Links
First thoughts are it's being caused by a leak (internal pipe) but could also be related to heavy rainfall / high water table - is this when the patches change size. How old is the property?

....or i could be trapped condensation.

What flooring material did you take up?

If it was vinyl for instance then it is fairly common for moisture to get trapped beneath.

First thoughts are it's being caused by a leak (internal pipe) but could also be related to heavy rainfall / high water table - is this when the patches change size. How old is the property?

It's a 1930's property.

The patches don't really change size much, mainly just the shape changes. During heavy rain the patches don't seem to change size much.

I don't think any pipes are leaking, the lagged pipe is for the central heating, but isn't leaking, I only just lagged it.

Cheers

G

Sponsored Links
....or i could be trapped condensation.

What flooring material did you take up?

If it was vinyl for instance then it is fairly common for moisture to get trapped beneath.

I took up a suspended wooden floor, made up of pine floorboards.

Cheers

G

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back