Damp walls after installing laminate flooring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a semi detached house and the dining room has 2 walls which are internal backing onto the lounge at one side and the entrance hall on the other. The other 2 are external, down the side of the house on one side and to the front on the other. The floor is concrete and until about a year ago the room was carpeted. I recently decorated removing the carpet changing it to laminated flooring and installed black damp proof underlay. I am now getting large patches of black damp and the walls and windows are often wet with moisture. The damp occurs particularly behind the dining room dresser and in the corners of the room. I have a marine fish tank in the room that has been there for longer than 5 years but have never had the damp issue until after I had carried out this redecoration, repapered the walls and replaced the carpet with laminated flooring.
I would be very grateful if any advice on what I can do to prevent and treat the damp area and whether I would need to change the flooring as well as the wallpaper
Thanks
David

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with flooring ineffective ventilation, have you sealed any vents?
Air movement is reduced behind furniture hence the mold behind unit.

Just discovered that I had not replaced the vent that was over the outside airbrick. The hole was covered with wallpaper. Now to repaper and do the job properley. Thanks for the info, most helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back