Damp / wet floor in outbuilding joined to house

That's odd, because in my outhouse, which isn't tanked, I've eliminated the need for tanking by not having a whole bunch of water underneath the floor.
Where do you think your water has gone?
What water?

All you have done with a DPM below a new slab is created a barrier, that's what tanking does.
You seem confused. My outhouse has no DPM, or tanking, and it doesn't have a damp problem.

It's better to have DPM below the concrete slab but providing the moisture content is within the manufacturers allowable limits then no problem applying over the top.
Do you know why the OP has so much water/moisture?

Sponsored Links
You seem confused. My outhouse has no DPM, or tanking, and it doesn't have a damp problem..

you need to take up your tiles, break up the slab, and re-do the job properly with a DPM.

So what is it DPM or *no* DPM for the OP? On the one hand you recommend digging up and putting in a DPM, to do a 'proper' job. Then you tell us you don't have a DPM in your dry outhouse.

That's for him to establish, DPM deals with rising damp. As I said earlier, I'd certainly check the outside concrete slopes away from the building.

Monsoon said:
So what is it DPM or *no* DPM for the OP? On the one hand you recommend digging up and putting in a DPM, to do a 'proper' job. Then you tell us you don't have a DPM in your dry outhouse.
That's correct - my outhouse is dry. I don't have a damp problem. I have no idea why you're struggling so much with this.

That's for him to establish
So you're proposing a solution without knowing what the problem is. :rolleyes:

DPM deals with rising damp. As I said earlier, I'd certainly check the outside concrete slopes away from the building.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I've come to the conclusion that you're a numbskull, so please don't be surprised if you don't get any more replies from me.

Sponsored Links
Softus";p="824654 said:
That's correct - my outhouse is dry. I don't have a damp problem. I have no idea why you're struggling so much with this.

What relevance is your dry outhouse to the OP?
Your solution involves digging up and laying a DPM, yet you tell that isn't the reason why your outhouse is dry.

So you're proposing a solution without knowing what the problem is. :rolleyes:

We know what the problem is :rolleyes: Only the man on the ground can really establish the source of the problem.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but I've come to the conclusion that you're a numbskull, so please don't be surprised if you don't get any more replies from me.

What a clueless joker - How can I survive without your pearls of wisdom :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back