Dampened Plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have stripped my bathroom for a refit - the wall where the Shower used to be situated was tiled onto plaster - I have stripped the tiles off the wall and found that the plaster feels a little damp but not dripping/soaked in any form.

A few days later the plaster is feeling better having been exposed to the air, dried out and feeling fairly robust again - my question is whether this plaster will be ok to retile over now or does it need stripping/reskimming?

Sponsored Links
This may be a stupid question ,but when you say "wall" is the wall solid or stud?

Sponsored Links
Don't tile over it untill fully dry or there is a big chance they will just fall off again as you will effectively seal in any moisture.

Don't tile over it untill fully dry or there is a big chance they will just fall off again as you will effectively seal in any moisture.

Thanks mate, I'm also waiting for them to dryout before applying the BAL pre-tanking stuff, as I guess that could lock moisture into the wall.

I'll let you know how I get on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back