Dampening vibration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have fitted a very large capis shell light fitting in our bedroom. Unfortunately we live in a ground floor flat and when upstairs walk around (as they seem to all night long!) even though in itself not too noisy the vibrations cause the shells on light fitting to "tingle". This is part of the appeal of these light fittings of course but at 3am it gets on the nerves!

last night at 1am in annoyance I got the ladder out and took it down. I'd really like to keep it, it looks great (and wasn't cheap). I was wondering if there is some material I could install between the joist and the fitting that would dampen the vibration enough?

I have very high ceilings (over 3m) so even quite thick material would be ok if it could be disguised with decoration.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
You could try putting a kink/loop in the cable suspending it and join the too 'kinked' sections with a spring which might take out the vibration.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back