Indesit washing machine vibrating the floor and shaking lots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The vibrations that come off this washing machine shake the flat.

The washing machine came with the house, and has been the same for the past year. So i don't know how old it is, but it certainly doesn't look ancient.

When i run a spin with nothing in it, it's not too bad at all.
With a very light load the vibration is very noticable.
With a normal load it's terrible.

I've tried levelling the machine, however, it is under a worktop so I do the best i can. I do think it's quite level.

It's on tiles on a suspended wood floor. I've also put thick carpet tiles under the feet to try and dampen the vibration but it barely helps.

Could anything be worn on the machine, I doubt it's just the suspended wood floor?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Top weight /bottom weight loose or suspension had it

Top weight /bottom weight loose or suspension had it

My whirlpool AWM 6140/3 vibration problem turned out to be a loose top weight.Unfortunately I'd already spent £70 on new suspension legs :!:

Hi and thank you for the help so far.

A stupid question, but I can't work out how to open the top of the machine.

There's two screws either side, and a sort of plastic push-hold thing.

Or should i remove the back?

It's a WIA111

It's located under the worktop, and the hoses restrict how far i can pull out the machine. The hoses connect somewhere behind the cabinets, so i really do not want to disconnect them.

Thank you for the help.

Sponsored Links
remove 2 screws and hard slap on the front top of lid ,it slides back and lifts off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back