DANCING WASHING MACHINE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine jumps about when on a spin cycle... it has already broken one of the floor tiles it sits on. Is there anything I can put underneath to dampen the vibrations... or any other solution?

Sponsored Links
... or any other solution?

dye yer hair pink, put johnny rotten on loud, put it on a fast spin, couple of cans, and enjoy your self :LOL:

If there is excessive vibration of the machine it may well be a fault on your washing machine.Broken or loose counterweight or broken/loose damper,worth checking first. May be cheaper than having the whole floor retiled.

Sponsored Links
i had this on one of my previous machines and on inspection i found the the shock absorber or damper as was mentioned had broke. my local electrical repairer sold me the part and i fixed it myself. also fine tune it by making sure that the feet are adjusted properly as this can make it jump a bit too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back