help needed with vibration from washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved from a house with a solid floor to a 3 floored Victorian house where the kitchen is on the second floor - standard wooden joists. The room above the kitchen resinates when the washing machine(in kitchen) is on spin cycle. Any ideas how I can dampen this vibration ?

Sponsored Links
Does the room below vibrate?

I take it the machine is level and got a bit of room around it?ie not knocking against anything when in spin mode?

What about putting thin rubber strips underneath the machine.

Hi , thanks for your comments , the room below does not vibrate as much. The machine is clear from the units etc...
I have just cut and fitted 9in x 2in noggins tightly into the gap between the joists and this has reduced the vibration by about 75%, my next action will be to put some form of vibration absorbtion material under the machine. My friend has just spent a fortune on a Miele washing machine that balances the load prior to spinning and he says he can stand a £1 coin on its edge and it does not fall off !!! Maybe I should invest in a better washing machine !!
dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back