Washing machine shaking now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a possible problem here and would like all your advice..
Yesterday a handyman came to my place to do some work, he needed to get behind the washing machine (which is snugly fitted under my kitchen worktop). It is a front loading indesit machine. He pulled the washing machine by dragging it out (opened the clothes loading door and pullled it from rubber lining between the door and the metal drum inside. Now today when i put some washing in, the machine is shaking quite a lot ( i am sure it didnt shake earlier). now I am wondering if he could have done some damage in the alignment of the drum (which could have induced the shaking when the machine spins) or is it possible that the washing machine is maybe not properly levelled now and If i level it, the shaking should go..??

The reason I am trying to get a definite answer is because I live in a rented apartment. And if this is a permanent damage and may cause the washing machine to develop more problems. I would like to report this handymans doings rightaway (as he was sent by the landlord) as I dont want my landlord accusing me of mishandling his machine later..!!

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
pulling a machine by its drum is not a move i would reccommend ,
the top springs will be ok with that , but the shock absorber legs won't, they are designed to move up and down but not sideways.
shaking can be a symptom of dodgy shock absorber legs too

check the machine is level and run it on a cycle empty and see what happens

Most likely that the machine was not leveled when it was put back.

Unlikely to damage a machine by pulling it out the way you said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back