DAMPROOFING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im about to make an offer on a 2 bed terrace house that needs alot of work doing to it, part of this is damproofing the walls and concrete floor, i know for the walls it will be about £2500 just don't have a clue about the floor... how much it will be... more or less than the walls???? thanks

Sponsored Links
At £2500 for damp proofing (walls only) make sure the company who is to carry this out is "long established" and remember you have the right to employ your own damp proofing company, not the one that your mortgage company suggests. You should get the same done for @ £800 for a 2 bed terraced.
The floor ?
Never heard of having to do this for mortgage purposes, although i would charge approx £300 - £400 max.

THANKS, THE £2500 IS INCLUDING HAVING THE PLASTER TAKEN OFF AND PUT BACK ON, GLAD TO HEAR THE FLOOR WONT BE MORE. ALTHO I'VE JUST FOUND OUT THAT THEY MIGHT RETAIN MY MORTGAGE UNTIL THE WORK IS DONE, WHICH DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AS THATS THE MONEY I NEED TO DO THE WORK, JUST GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES!!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, i understand what damp proofing entails, you are being completely "ripped off" for mortgage purposes. Get your own quotations !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back