United Kingdom
Good Evening
I’ve just bought a property that has a Baxi Heat only boiler
It has a time switch setup for controlling times of HW & CH
HE is working fine

My question relates to CH
Adjacent to timeswich is a Danfoss RX-1 Receiver
In the hall is Danfoss TP5001 RF

I believe the TP5001 is a programmable controller in its own right.
I have no idea how/when the 5001 was installed.
Can it be configured as a “simple” thermostat ?
Or do I need to fit an ordinary Danfoss stat that will pair with the RX-1?
If so what do I need?
On Danfoss product search the new products pair with an RX-1-S. is this the same as the earlier RX-1?

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Correct

No it can't. Usually with installations like yours, the main programmer is set so that the CH is permanently 'on' 24/7 and the TP5001 used to programme the heating time and temperature.

You could if you can find one, usually they are sold as a pair so come with a new receiver.

def.jpg

But you might be able to find a lone thermostat on ebay, Gumtree etc.,

Alternatively you could remove the RX-1 altogether and replace it with another thermostat (wired or wireless) of your choice that has the functions you require, and doesn't have functions you don't want. If you went down the wired route you would need to run a cable out to the place where the thermostat is located.

On Danfoss product search the new products pair with an RX-1-S. is this the same as the earlier RX-1?
Not sure, but probably unlikely though I seem to recall that the RX-1-S comes pre-paired with its thermostat when it leaves the factory. You could always drop Danfoss an email and ask.

[email protected]

Or call them 0330 8086 888

Good Morning Stem
Thanks for detailed reply.
Tried searching for a suitable stat to pair with RX1. Danfoss site only lists current products etc
I’ll try to get in touch with them on link you provided
Cheers

Good Evening
I’ve just bought a property that has a Baxi Heat only boiler
It has a time switch setup for controlling times of HW & CH
HE is working fine

My question relates to CH
Adjacent to timeswich is a Danfoss RX-1 Receiver
In the hall is Danfoss TP5001 RF

I have no idea how/when the 5001 was installed.
If so what do I need?

Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks
Why do you want to convert to a simple thermostat ( 5001 will do that too) and not take advantage of 24/7 time and temperature facility

When you have a timer plus remote thermostat, thermostat is only active when timer calls for heat
5001 enables you to drop the temperature where the boiler does not run unless the programmed lower temperature activates the RXI
So you could have comfort temperature, backset temperature when you are running around the house or frost protection when it is brass monkeys outside.

google Danfoss TP5001 manual for instructions

Sponsored Links
Hi DP
Thanks for the reply
It’s probably cos I’m used to using my own home combi Honeywell system differently.
I only use the set up there in MANUAL.
I only turn heating on when I need it, otherwise the property would be heated when nobody is in, or I’m busy enough not to need it.
So I turn it off at night, and back to manual when I’m in and turn the turn the temp up or down as needed.
It works for me

I also find the Danfoss instructions confusing to follow, I’d rather see words than universal drawings.

However if it can be configured similar to how I use it, I could turn main time switch ON and turn the Danfoss off/on as needed in MANUAL mode?

Cheers

Hi DP
Thanks for the reply
It’s probably cos I’m used to using my own home combi Honeywell system differently.
I only use the set up there in MANUAL.
I only turn heating on when I need it, otherwise the property would be heated when nobody is in, or I’m busy enough not to need it.
So I turn it off at night, and back to manual when I’m in and turn the turn the temp up or down as needed.
It works for me

I also find the Danfoss instructions confusing to follow, I’d rather see words than universal drawings.

However if it can be configured similar to how I use it, I could turn main time switch ON and turn the Danfoss off/on as needed in MANUAL mode?

Cheers
In that case look at a programmable thermostat that has geofencing option. Not in then no heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back