Danfoss RX1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a Danfoss RX 1 reliever unit and a Danfoss CET B-RF hot water thermostat that appear to have stopped working.

The CET B-RF stat shows that it is calling for the boiler to come on ie the flame is on.

On the RX-1 the CH1 red light is on I understand this means that the unit is asking for the boiler to fire, however this light appears to remain on even when the hot water stat is not calling for heat.

I have re-paired the two units but this problem still persists. Does anyone know what the solution is here or is the RX-1 unit defective.

Sponsored Links
what does the RX-1 control ? is it a 3 port valve or a 2 port valve? or does the boiler only heat the HW Cylinder ?

The Danfoss RX-1 is the RF receiver that signals the boiler. Boiler does hot water and Central heating, I know the boiler is working as when I turn up the room stat the boiler fires and the radiators get
warm.

What boiler do you have ? you have to have some control between the boiler firing for CH and it firing for HW, the boiler doesnt know what it is being asked to heat, some boilers have internal mid position valves but not many

Sponsored Links
The central heating is controlled by a Honeywell Lync T6R both of the relievers feed into a separate Honeywell control box. This was not done by my design but that is what we have. The boiler is oil fired,

OK a bit like drawing teeth here, we now know half of what your controls are, both thermostats must control either a 3 port valve or 2 x 2 port valves, and these valves control the boiler, not the thermostats, your oil boiler may have a 3 port valve in built, or even 2 pumps, not all oil boilers are the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back