Danfoss RX1 Broken?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m having intermittent problems with central heating not kicking in when RF thermostat is calling for heat (Danfoss TP7000-rf). The CH1 lights red on the RX1 receiver but I don’t hear a click and the boiler (Vaillant 837 Ecotec) does not fire.

If i remove batteries from thermostat and press CH1 button then red light comes on but again no click or boiler firing.

This is an intermittent problem that started a few weeks ago...gut feel is the RX1 needs replacing, does anyone agree with this conclusion?

Sponsored Links
Check the boiler panel and see what status it's in when you expect it to start. Press i button.

If you have multimeter and are competent you could see if there is any output on the boiler trigger from the RX1.

Boiler is showing S.30 which according to manual is “no demand for heat”

I’ve just took the RX1 off and put a fuse wire loop between terminals 2 and 3, the boiler fired up immediately when turned back on.

In the end I just replaced everything with a new Drayton unit from Toolstation...only really cost me abiut £20 more than replacing RX1 alone.

Sponsored Links
Could it have been the batteries? Likely to be stat, but glad you’re up and running.

Could it have been the batteries? Likely to be stat, but glad you’re up and running.

I’d already tried replacing batteries. As boiler wouldn’t fire from manual override button I concluded it was the RX1 receiver.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back