Possible problem with Danfoss RX1?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help me with a central heating problem. I have a Danfoss RF thermostat controller with the Danfoss RX1 unit; noticed this evening that the actual temperature in the house was going up and up, normally I can hear the motorised valve going on and off when the temperature is being regulated but I can't hear it this time. Turning the temp up or down on the thermostat doesn't change anything (the flame icon was going on and off). I changed the batteries as well, still nowt. I then tried to reset the controller (take wheel off, press 'learn' button for 3 seconds) the went to RX1 unit and pressed the CH1 and Prog buttons simultaneously and waited for the green light to appear, but it didn't!!! So question is should I buy a new RX1 unit or spend a fortune and get Swale Heating to come a take a look? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Call Danfoss and discuss problem with them

I hope someone can help me with a central heating problem. I have a Danfoss RF thermostat controller with the Danfoss RX1 unit; noticed this evening that the actual temperature in the house was going up and up, normally I can hear the motorised valve going on and off when the temperature is being regulated but I can't hear it this time. Turning the temp up or down on the thermostat doesn't change anything (the flame icon was going on and off). I changed the batteries as well, still nowt. I then tried to reset the controller (take wheel off, press 'learn' button for 3 seconds) the went to RX1 unit and pressed the CH1 and Prog buttons simultaneously and waited for the green light to appear, but it didn't!!! So question is should I buy a new RX1 unit or spend a fortune and get Swale Heating to come a take a look? Thanks in advance

When you turn the stat down do the rads keep heating? And is the red light on the RX1 on?

Remove batteries from room stat,turn off the electrical supply to reciever unit.
Turn back on the electric to reciever unit,the red light should be on,press the top "manual" button,the green light should come on and boiler should fire (assuming the programmer is in an "on" period)
Press the bottom button,and keep it pressed,then press the top button until the green light flashes,stand about 6 feet away,and refit the batteries to the stat while observing the reciever unit,either the red or green light (cant remember which) should flash to show the 2 units are syncronised.

Another basic test if all seems ok,when turning the stat up or down,when the green light on the reciever unit comes on or goes off,its usually accompanied by an audible "click" ive found,that if this is not happening, the reciever unit does not switch either on or off,may be intermittant.
Replacement is the only cure.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. In answer to the queries, when I turn the stat down the CH1 red light stays on and the rads keep on heating up. I tried re-commissioning but that didn't work; no matter how hard I tried I couldn't see a green light, flashing or not. Phoned Danfoss today and explained the problems, they said the RX1 receiving unit is most likely f**ked, warranty ran out in May so I've ordered a new one... hope that works...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back