Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Danfoss TR5000 Si thermostat and a RX1. The RX1 was working correctly but there was a fault with one of the buttons on the thermostat. I have got a new TR5000si thermostat and just replaced the old one with the new one (just the front part, not the back plate as there doesn’t seem to be any wires). I have set the thermostat times and temperatures to what I require but it won’t work. I have tried to reset the RX1 by holding PROG and CH1 for 3 seconds but I don’t get a green light. After I have pressed ’reset’ on the thermostat and then pressed and held v and +buttons for 3 seconds there is no indication that a signal is being sent. As you will gather, I have no electrical experience but after reading the instruction booklet, I thought it seemed an easy replacement job!!! Is there anything else I can try myself before spending money to get an electrician to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Did you just get a thermostat, or the RX1 too? If the former the it needs to be bound to the previous receiver (if it’s possible). If it’s the latter, then swap the RX1 receiver or bind new thermostat to existing RX1 (if it’s possible).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back